Site area calculations. How much do I need?
Use our volume calculator here to find out approximately how much soil, pebbles, or mulch you will need. Please note, these calculations are based on basic shapes, and not on the unusual shapes that gardens can take. It is meant as an indicator only. Please call us for one of our Estimators to visit your site.
- Look at the space and decide what shape it is most like.
- Choose that shape in the volume calculator
- Measure the length in metres
- Decide on how deep you need to go with the product and enter that. The depth is in cm for mulch. Please enter it in cm for soil as well.
- You can add more than one site are to the volume calculator
- If you have any trouble, give us a call on 1300 BLOWIT and we will help you with your order.
Square or Rectangle (Length x Width x Depth)
The area of a square or rectangular garden is easy to calculate.
Simply multiply the length by the width by the depth or use our simple volume calculator.
Circular πr2 x Depth
Circular areas are also easy to calculate.
Simply multiply 3.1415 (π) by the radius, by the radius again, by the depth ~ or use our simple volume calculator.
Square: Length x Length x Depth
Rectangle: Length x Width x depth
Circle: πr² ie. 3.1415….x half the diameter x half the diameter x depth
Semicircle: πr² ie. 3.1415….x half the diameter x half the diameter x depth ÷ 2