♦1 tonne a minute!
♦up to or even more than 5000 tonne per day
Protect the pipelines below - use our Rockslinger truck
Create a bio-retention profile using the powerful Rockslinger machinery.
Bio-retention basins are design to filter sediment and contaminants out of stormwater flow.
Stormwater is collected into the treatment area which will generally have grasses, sand, and organic layer, planting media, and plants.
What is a Bioretention Basin?
A Bioretention Basin is where run off is filtered through a system using filtration media, to percolate the water in a controlled manner. These basins use both the filtration media and dense plantings to recover the water for either reuse in a system or flow through the stormwater system. The design is commonly used on developments that have resulted in a change in the natural water flow such as housing development and industrial sites.
What to consider when installing a Retention Basin:
- Design stage – Ensure the design of the basin has included the right depths and flow to achieve the end result of filtered and controlled water management.
- Vegetation choice – Look at plants that are suitable in dry and wet conditions.
- Specify Bioretention Filtration Media – this media evaluates the saturated hydraulic conductivity, suitability as a growing media, and the depth needed for the site. The media should be tested to FAWB and address the points in Adoption Guidelines for Stormwater Bio-filtration Systems (CRC WSC 2015).
The basin may include 3 layers:
* Drainage Layer
* Transition Layer
* Filter media
- Installation – use The Hills Rockslinger to ensure the basin liner and pipework is not compromised my heavy machinery driving over it. The Rockslinger can install all three layers through the machine.
- Keep machinery off the Bioretention Basin, especially throughout construction.
Use our Rockslinger® machinery to install a complete bio-retention profile including the Drainage Layer, Transition Layer, and Filtration Layer. The system should be design to incorporate the Adoption Guidelines for Stormwater Bio-filtration Systems (CRC WSC 2015).
The profile comprises these three layers with the necessary characteristics to enhance hydraulic conductivity, establish plant growth and health, and ensure optimal bridging.
It is essential to keep machinery and traffic off the basin throughout construction and into the long term. The pipework and basin liner can be compromised if heavy machinery is used. The Rockslinger machinery is the nest solution for an even spread of layers without using machinery in the basin.
WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY spot on
We work hard to create a safe and healthy environment for our workers on all construction sites we visit. To see more on the systems we put in place, our training and documentation, visit our WHS page or call us on 1300 BLOWIT.
We endeavour to make our service as smooth as possible. As such, we have our staff visit projects beforehand to check on truck parking, areas to have product installed, and even measurements and induction requirements. We want all our customers to experience a high quality supply, installation and clean up process by our trained Slinger Trucks professionals.
Call us on 1300 BLOWIT for more information or email on email@example.com
Quality Assurance Policy
Our business follows a rigorous internal Quality Assurance Policy to ensure the final product for our clients is consistent and fulfills the requirements for which it was purchased. For more information, call us on 1300BLOWIT.